Monday, January 16, 2006

Shakespeare Not So in Love


I've been watching The Golden Globes tonight. I'm usually a freak about awards shows, but I was not able to catch the very beginning of the Globes tonight. I'll have to catch the rebroadcast on Bravo. Anyway, regret is not the reason I am writing tonight. I'm writing because Gwyneth Paltrow was on tonight doing her best impersonation of Madonna impersonating a Brit. Yuck! I know Mrs. Paltrow lives in the U.K. and all, but must she enunciate every single syllable? She annoys me now and it's all because of Kathy Griffin. I love her!


I'm so happy Brokeback Mountain won Best Picture Drama. I didn't get a chance to see Capote, but I think Heath Ledger was robbed. After doing some fact checking, I discovered that even though someone wins the Golden Globe for acting it doesn't necessarily mean gold at the Academy Awards. It seems that if you had a solid performance in a movie and you won the best supporting actor category, then you will win the Oscar. However, when it comes to Best Actor/Actress a win at the Golden Globes does not equal a win at the Academy Awards. Phew! So much to talk about, but I'll have to spread this stuff over time because I'm afraid of boring you, my reader.

As you can tell the awards season is equivalent to football season to straight men for me. This is the time to make predictions and see all the nominated movies before they leave the theaters. I am SO excited!

PS. I'm watching the E! Post Show coverage and I happened to catch the cast of Desperate Housewives. I noticed Marcia "Crazy Kimberly" Cross not even acknowledge Terri "way too skinny" Hatcher. Biotches! They don't hide their alleged animosity well. They don't stand next to one another, nor do they sit next to each other. I wonder who the biggest biotch is out of the two? Any thoughts?

Until later...

No comments: