Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Las Horas

Have you ever felt like such a nerd that even the ones closest to you laugh at you because of it? I am such a nerd. I was so excited about beginning my blog that I had to play one of my favorite DVDs to get the title for my own blog spot. Dear reader, you'll have to take a guess as to what movie that is because I do not want to reveal it in fear of being thought of as a goof or otherwise. On the other hand, I believe you are intelligent enough to know what it might be, so I'll just leave it at that.

Lately, I've come to the realization that I stress out about everything that I can possibly think about. Today I stressed out about a performance I'm in charge of at school. By the way, I'm a grade school teacher in the New Orleans area and very glad and fortunate for my job post Katrina. Back to stress...I stress about my health (a.k.a. hypochondria), my friends, my family, my everything. In reality it doesn't make any sense why I worry so except that I wrap myself in all these thoughts and they play over and over in my head. Sometimes, I stop and I have to give myself a little talk to tell myself that I should not be so preoccupied with worrying about such small matters.

I suppose much of this stems from being a teacher. Seven hours a day I am in charge of so many minds and when I leave I have this strange need to feel in control of others actions. Mind you, I'm not a control freak because I would rather let someone else make the decisions, but it is very difficult to break away from something you do for so many hours of the day. Recently, what's been worrying/upsetting me have been my friends. Sometimes I just want to slap them and say,"Snap out of it!" The choices they make and the situations they put themselves in simply don't make sense to me, and I guess I want to just solve their problems. The fly in that ointment is that I can't. It's not my life. It's not my problem. It's not me. It's still difficult.

Time seems to be important to me these days. The time I spend seeing the beautiful sunset on my way home when I cross the Mississippi River. The time I spend laughing with my boyfriend, Marshall. The time I spend with my family. The time I spend with my friends. The time I spend realizing that all those things that tend to bother me don't really matter in the big scope of things. Waking up everyday and seeing that sun shining and streaming through the windows is something that I look forward to even through groggy eyes. The only thing that matters is that there is another day to experience.

Wow! Way too deep for my first entry,but I guess it's what's on my mind. I need to "Relax, Relate, and Release." If you can guess where that's from, then you deserve a cookie! hehehe

Until next time...

Breezy



2 comments:

Trixie said...

It's about fucking time!

Love,

Your baby sister that you made cry

Kisses!

Breezy said...

Yes, on my death bed I'll be hearing about it. I know. I know. :-)