Saturday, January 14, 2006

Kumonosu jô

Who knows how to say the title of this entry? I certainly don't. It reminds me of going to see Brokeback Mountain with my boyfriend MSH on Monday night. I'm usually the one to get the concessions, so I was the one to stand in line waiting for a nice young lady to give me my damned food! She took too damned long,but that's another story. Fast forward about 7 minutes and I am at the head of the line giving my order when I notice the girl's nametag. It said Chotoni. Yes, Chotoni. Naturally, I had to ask what her name was, but I had to do it in a way that it would sound complimentary.
Me: I'm sorry, but what is your
name?
Chotoni: Trochoni
Me: I didn't catch that? Could you repeat
it.
Chotoni: ( by this time showing some
annoyance...thinks I am making fun) Trochoni
Me: I think your name is so unique. Could you
repeat it for me? I just want to make sure I heard it correctly. (She probably
thought I would name my baby after her)
Chotoni: Trochoni
Me: Thank you.
Chotoni: Enjoy your movie.
Me: Thanks!
Is it just me or has the CH blend never made the TR blend's sound? All I can say is that even though she has a very odd name, she didn't mind repeating it for me. I believe and hope that she's very proud of her name. I'll still giggle when she's not looking, but who the heck cares in the end.
Until next time...

No comments: