Principal: ...we need to help our children from other countries. We should be more sensitive to their plight. It is unfair that they recently got off the plane,...
Co-worker next to me: She's not gonna go there, right?
Me: No, she wouldn't.
Principal: ...or off the boat when they get here...
Co-worker next to me: Oh No She Didn't!
Me: Oh yeah she did. (both of us giggled uncontrollably)
- Did anyone catch Oprah on 30 Rock? Good for you! Good for you!
- What's the deal with bitchy women? I like women, not in that way, but I like them. Seriously, though, why do they have to be such complainers and whiners. Maybe it's just the ones I work with.Ugh!!
- I love cough syrup with codeine. Don't you? It chills you ever so slightly. Oh yeah, and it takes your cough away for about 4 hours.
- I finally received my letter to go to the Teacher of the Year dinner, and I went Wednesday night. My neighbor also got the same letter because she was the last person to receive her certificate that night. Afterwards, I went up to her and introduced myself even though we grunted HELLO at one another quite a few times in the parking lot at home. She had NO CLUE. None. Zilch. I had to say I lived in 3A for it to even dawn on her. I saw her this evening leaving her apt. and apparently she felt weird about not knowing me and she still felt embarrassed about it all. Funny, no?
- Something not so funny. Another teacher telling your students to be quiet even though we are in close proximity of one another. It's not the first time it's happened. It's the second and I think, and hope, it'll be the last time. Here's how I took care of it.
Repeat Offender: Well, I know. I hope you don't mind, but...
Me: Actually, I do mind, but thanks because I just wasn't up to it today.
Repeat Offender: (Nervous laughter) I see, well...I ...OK.
Do you think it'll stop? Probably not, but I let her know how I felt. Good for me! Good for me!