Friday, November 07, 2008

Carlos's Book Club 1

Even though my endorsement won't net this author gads of money, at least it'll make me feel better that I am promoting her work.

Honestly, she's not much of a writer, but I still like her.

She's Julie Andrews.

While her sentences are simple enough, I can still hear her in her writing. It's probably because I've seen The Sound of Music so many times that I am able to imitate her voice in my head as she narrates her memoir, Home, to me. She goes into interesting detail about her voice lessons, her technique, and what goes into developing a character as an actor. She also gives some juicy tidbits about Rex Harrison, Noel Coward, Bing Crosby, Rodgers & Hammerstein, and many others. I haven't finished reading it yet, but I'm sort of delaying the inevitable because I don't want to let her go. I suppose that's a good sign.

2 comments:

Marshall said...

That does look like an interesting book. I'll have to borrow it from you once you're done.

Breezy said...

Let me know when you want to read it.