Monday, January 23, 2006

Now, Voyager


My friends were mildy surprised the other day when it was mentioned to them that I watched Battlestar Galactica. It is an awesome show and there is no denying it. I really threw them for a loop when I mentioned that I also liked the Star Trek Series, Voyager and Enterprise.


I only recently began watching Voyager because my friend, Silly-Monkey, lent me his Season 1 DVDs. I was never a fan of The Next Generation, Deep Space 9, or the Original Star Trek. Voyager tackles a different array of contemporary subject matter and makes it relevant to their time period. Naturally, it's told in a sci-fi way, but it still resonates.

Enterprise, which was cancelled after only four seasons, was a different show. It tried tackling some of those issues that the other series did, but they also tried to be different. They had someone singing the theme song as opposed to being an instrumental cut. They also tried taking various story lines beyond one episode.

One particular storyline involved the hostile aliens, the Xindi. This storyline involved the Xindi creating this weapon of mass destruction that would completely anhilate all of Earth. The story line went on for all of Season 3, and it kept me on the edge of my seat. Then season 4 began and the series went back to the tried and true format that all the other series had done before. It wasn't enough to save the show. People stopped watching. I didn't. Bitches!

All the studios distributing these shows have to do now is lower the prices on their DVDs, but they know the fans out there really want them. Naturally, they sell them for $100 a pop! Can you believe? I'm apalled!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»