Monday, July 30, 2007

Come Sail Away

Saturday MSH, Spaces, Vincent and I went to One Eyed Jack's in the Quarter to see the Running With Scissors' production of "The Titanic Adventures of the Love Boat Poseidon". I love disaster movies and this seemed like a perfect blend of disaster and melodrama heavily peppered with campiness. I honestly didn't know what to expect. After two margaritas (um, Bloody Mary's...I called them Margaritas after about 1 1/2 Marys), the show was extremely funny . Marys or no Marys the show was funny. I loved the actress who played Rose with a fancy New England 1940s accent. It didn't sound forced . I also loved the two Mrs. Braunsteins. They sound like a Stefanie Powers miniseries. Loved them!Afterwards, the gang and I stumbled(*I* mostly stumbled) outside the bar/cabaret to meet up with Lloyd. We then walked over to Spanish Plaza near the river to see Styx in concert. They were there as part of the Arena Bowl festivities. Despite the humidity and the number of people there, I actually enjoyed myself. I wish I new their songs better. Msh is working on that by making me a mix CD. I mean all I really know is "Mr. Roboto". Sue me. It's all I heard in middle school.

Taking our cue from the last big drum roll and the turning on of all the stage lights, we went on a hunt for a big greasy burger.

Vincent insisted we try the burgers at ????( I forgot the name, sorry! I'll blame it on the Bloody/Margarita haze). We trekked back to the heart of the Quarter for a DeeLicious burger...a half pound of ground meat goodness. It sopped up most of the alcohol. So much for trying to eat healthy, but a greasy burger is all you can you think of after you've stopped drinking.

Our evening ended after Lloyd's disappearing act down a side street, sending Vincent off to work, and then dropping Spaces off at his car that was parked near Whitney and Crack.

3 comments:

jason said...

"Marys or no Marys the show was funny"

Oh, there were Karys there all right. Don't you doubt it.

buh duh dum

But I think my favorite part was when Inebriated Breezy was ready to rumble with a certain pushy young Asian man...

good times.
good times.

jason said...

"Marys," I mean...
oh, you know what I mean.

Silly Monkey said...

Damn, I ALWAYS miss Drunk Carlos. I'm sorry I missed the show, but not the burgers and Styx. :)