Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Women

"Get ready, cuz here we come..." so go the lyrics of the CW's TV spots this season. If you were a fan, or a viewer of the former WB, then you already know that it was merged with UPN to become a new network, the CW.

I wasn't a Gilmore Girls viewer until the last quarter of the 2004-2005 season (its 5th). I became a full fledged fan of it's fast talking, completely funny, and often times brainy writing the following season. A large part of the show's success is owed to the chemistry between Lauren Graham, who plays mom Lorelai Gilmore and her daughter, Rory, played by Alexis Bledel. The fast talking done by them, and the rest of the show's actors, is what moves this show along at a frenetic pace.

Anyway, imagine my surprise when I'm traveling home and I see this ginormous billboard of Lauren Graham around Earhart and Clearview. I had to stop and take a picture.

MSH and I have been on a strict diet of GG since mid-July. I'd already seen season 1 and was beginning to receive season two through Netflix when MSH joined me. We finally finished season 5 last night. I saw all of season 6 when it aired, but MSH wasn't a fan, yet. I'm glad I converted him. He loves it now, and it's fun to talk to him about a show I *really* enjoy watching.

6 comments:

jason said...

I've seen that sign myself...it's a bit disconcering since Miss Graham looks a bit loopy (to me) in it....even a bit menacing.

I'd watched it back when it first came on....but like with everything,
I have to catch it intermitently, when I happen to see it.
ah well...
But that's probably for the best. All that talk would surely make my head explode in quick succession.

It's enough to watch just hoping for more Grey Gardens references

Breezy said...

Yes, she does appear loopy.

"Hey, I'm Lauren Graham. I just drank a half bottle of Nyquil."

Silly Monkey said...

You mean WB and UPN were two different stations? ;o

GG = Gilmore Girls
GG = Golden Girls
GG = Grey Gardens

I've only ever seen a few minutes of one episode of Gilmore Girls.

Do you watch Jericho? I caught it tonight before Lost and enjoyed it. It seems right up your ally. Nuclear disaster.

Breezy said...

Well, Jason, GG = Gilmore Girls in this entry since I am only talking about them. :-)

Marshall had me watching that a few weeks ago, and I just couldn't get into it.

Battlestar Galactica is back on though!

Anonymous said...

haha, I love that you took a picture of that billboard. It scares me so much. She looks like a funhouse clown. Ron had that damn song stuck in his head all day yesterday, so of course it got stuck in mine as well because he kept singing it. Die, CW!!

I need to catch up on GG.

Breezy said...

"get ready cuz here we come..."

hehehe I figured if I didn't take the picture, then no one else would.

She does look funny in that picture. She has odd features...good cheekbones!