Monday, October 23, 2006

Grey Gardens



"...but you see in dealing with me the relatives didn't know that they were dealing with a *staunch* character. And I'll tell you if there's anything worse than a *staunch* woman...S-T-A-U-N-C-H....there's nothing worse. I'm telling you. *deep sigh* They're weakened...no matter what. But they didn't know that. How were they to know?..."

They played a clip from the documentary on The View today. I love my DVR. Had I not had it, I would have never been able to see Little Edie.

Here is a picture of the real "Little" Edie Beale (left) and Christine Ebersol (right), who is currently playing her on Broadway in a new musical. I've also included a clip from a performance Christine did recently.

4 comments:

jason said...

I can't get over it....I really can't!

Michael has the cast album....you should hear "Jerry Likes the Way I Do My Corn"
Wonderful

Silly Monkey said...

OMG, they've converted you, haven't they? I don't ever want to sit at a table next to you, Jason, and Michael if you're all there together. ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Carlos.. I had heard Christine Ebersole was on The View. Hadn't seen this!! She's been a big GG fan for years supposedly. This is a great clip.

Breezy said...

Thanks, Michael. She was also on Turner Classic Movies introducing Grey Gardens Sunday night. I had to sit and watch the movie again.