Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Valley of the Dolls



OK, I've had a slightly crazy day. Work wasn't so bad, but getting home and taking a nap always throws me off balance. I always wake up from a nap slightly startled because I always think I'm waking up late for work.

Today was my godchild's birthday. She's 12! I can't believe she's almost a teenager. I remember holding her when she was baptized. I believe I'm a good godfather, but sometimes I think her parents, my oldest friends, don't appreciate me for my efforts. Anyway, it's not about them, but about Gabby. I'm always there to call her on her birthday and Christmas and if she needs me for anything else. However, it always stresses me out to call around those times of the year. Again, not because of her, but because of her parents. We've grown apart and that's ok, but I try harder than they do and I'm tired of doing that.

So, not only is it her birthday today, but tomorrow is my mother's birthday too. She told me what she wanted last week, a jewelry box. I found some online, but they wouldn't make it here on time unless I paid something like 50$ in shipping charges. I decided to go to the mall and find it instead. I was so busy this past weekend that I TOTALLY forgot to do it. *Bad Son*

Again, last minute Breezy was out at the mall tonight looking for a jewelry box. I went to Pier 1, Linens N Things, Dillards and walked all around Lakeside mall, but I couldn't find one. I finally thought of JC Penney. I found a jewelry box there. THANK the GODS! By this point I was ready to fall to my knees crying and pleading, "I just want a jewelry box. For the love of God Please help me find a jewelry box." I'm glad I found one because I really didn't want to have a breakdown in the middle of the mall.

So, I get home afterward, and I start watching OPRAH...as if I need to be tortured anymore. I recorded this particular one because it was part of the Road Trip series and I wanted to see their lovefest cross country. At one point during the show Gayle is having problems with her contacts and she needs to take them out and get her glasses. Oprah says to her, as Gayle is struggling to get the lenses out and turn the inside car light on, "Here baby, let me get the light."
Um, need I say more? That was my money shot. My night is complete.

Oh, three beers and a Xanax help too. hehehe

I love my dolls!

6 comments:

Silly Monkey said...

Oh boy, Fun Carlos makes a post. ;)

I don't know, women have always been lovey-dovey and hand-holdy without it meaning anything.

And I'm noticing a lot of younger guys on these reality shows are freer with calling each other "Baby" and stuff, even if they are straight.

Do a lot of people think Oprah is a lesbian? I just don't see it.

I remember when I had to go out and buy 8-year old Gabby a birthday present because Godfather Carlos had forgotten and recruited me because he didn't have time. ;)

My oldest cousin is going to be a teenager in February. It seems like he was just BORN!

Okay, jewelry boxes? I thought they were everywhere? Who'd have thought?

Breezy said...

Jason, I need for you to write down every tiny little thing I've ever said that was not in confidence so that they stop creeping up on me. :-)

jason said...

Now why would you go and spoil a perfectly *lovely* story about jewlery boxes, god-daugthers, mothers and Xanax.....
by bringing up the She-beast herself.
ugh
Now *I'm* going to need something to help me sleep.

p.s. for future last minute gift reference, you don't want to hear it probably, but two words, T.J. Maxx...or even Tuesday Morning, in a pinch.

Silly Monkey said...

LOL. But you DO remember that birthday, don't you, Carlos? ;)

I'm sorry if I remember everything that I should forget, but I thought it was a funny twist to the "good godfather" story.

Jason, where is Tuesday Morning now? Two of them (in Metairie and Kenner) are now gone. Somewhere. Nowhere?

jason said...

There's one on the WB...two actually. The one on Airline is closed now, isn't it?

Breezy said...

Thanks, Jason. The box I found was too big for my mom's taste. If it comes down to needing a place for their dog's ashes,no Jade hasn't died, then they can use the jewelry box. It's a nice size. I have to return it on Saturday and order a new one online. Oh well!