Sunday, February 26, 2006

Circle of Friends

Leave it to me to make a connection with "Project Runway" and my friends. Wanna hear? Here it go.

I was looking at the designers--> Chloe, Santino, Nick, Daniel V. and, yes, even Kara Janx ("Danjah! No Trespassing!" said in a S. African accent...don't get me started on her) and I was thinking that they are extremely talented people who can create something out of a piece of cloth. Then I began thinking of my friends like Vinny, Silly-monkey, Wordsmith and Cecily who can take something and make it into something different.

Vinny can take parts of a bike with a couple of tools (how butchy lesbian of him) and create a brand new bike. He's also able to print stuff on his shirts. OK, maybe, you may think putting prints on shirts is not that hard, but I can't do it. You have to come up with a drawing and stuff. Hard...errr, should I maybe have said Difficult? He's also a talented photographer. Even though this is a button design of his, he can probably put it on a tee.

Take Silly-monkey...please...no just kidding. He's extremely talented with sewing and painting. He's excellent with colors and seeing a whole palette of colors and making them work. He's very good at convincing you that his throwaways are FABULOUS enough for you to take home. So, if he invites you over and shows you a pile of stuff..RUN!

Wordsmith...Gawd! He makes THE BEST chocolate chip cookies. Kid you not! He's also great at picking things out of garbage piles and seeing something in it that no one else sees. He then makes it into something that is wonderfully creative. I'm not saying he walks around looking for garbage, but he'll tell you that if he sees it, he will take it home.

Cecily...What can I say about Cecily? She's fantastic with a crochet needle. She may deny it, but she does a good job. She can knit me a scarf anyday. She even makes great holiday wreaths! ---->


Then I think of me, and as I was telling my sister today(sort of jokingly) that my biggest talents are picking out nose jobs and wigs. Ask my boyfriend MSH. He'll tell you too. I can pick out a nose job from 20 ft away (distance not proven yet). Don't even get me started on wigs! What in the world am I giving back to this world? Donna over there...nose job and she could only wish it was a wig.
What sort of beauty am I providing? (sigh)

3 comments:

jason said...

Believe me, you are not only "giving back" beauty to the world, you're doing the thankless, even more important job of maintaining it! Sort of like an ombudsman of Beauty or something.:)

Nosejobs and wigs *need* to be identified.

Breezy said...

LOL, thank you.

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»