Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Grudge

I work in a public school, so more often than not, I am surrounded by women. I'm not sexist by any means. I love women...not sexually, but I love them.

What I don't love is the constant state of gossip and drama that follows them wherever they go...at my school. Let me just add that I want to believe that other workplaces are not like this.

One particular co-worker of mine, I'll call her Ballsy, is the hub of all gossip at my school. She and I have been "friends" for a long time now. We were actually very good friends until around this year.

Due to hurricane Katrina, hiring or spending any money at public schools in my parish was not allowed. Because of that, some of our teachers that were not homeroom teachers had to go into classes that had no teachers when school started back up again. Ballsy was one of those teachers. Even though I do not have a homeroom, I was never put into one of those classrooms. While I am eternally thankful that I was not put into that situation, I don't know why I was somehow not put through all that. Well, when Ballsy found out this was going to happen she slowly started transforming into this former image of herself that was there a while ago. She becomes this bitter, constantly griping harpy. I can't stand that side of her.


I felt badly already because she was put into that situation, but then Ballsy kept asking me, in a not-so-friendly tone, why I wasn't being put into a classroom? She had a point, but I had no answer for her. I couldn't possibly help her situation.

I always take things more personally than I should, but her tone and the way she talks to me is certainly not the way she would talk to her other friends. It's my fault for allowing it to happen. I hate confrontation. HATE IT!

I'm upset with myself as much as I am upset with her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»