Monday, October 24, 2011

Weight Watchers is Watching - Weeks 1 and 2

"What!?" was my reaction when I looked at the scale last summer. I'd reached an all time high of 185 lbs. Never in my 41 years on this Earth had I weighed that much. I feel no shame in sharing this number since hardly anyone reads this blog.

I didn't go to a Weight Watchers place to sign up, instead, I did it online. Isn't that how you do things nowadays? It was easy, and you get a deal on the first three months. You don't have to attend the meetings for the weekly "weigh-ins", but you can do it yourself. I see how you can find help in others' support, but I don't think I can handle that right now.Instead I consult some co-workers who are in this too.

I weighed myself at the end of week one, and I lost 1.7 lbs. Not much, but it's a step forward. I keep track of those silly points, but keeping track and knowing you only have so many allotted per day keeps your hunger in between meals in check. Since I lost almost two pounds, my total points were reduced from 38 to 37. Suuuuuuucks!!!

Overall, it's interesting because you can still eat things you enjoy, but you just have to watch your portions. It's all in the portions and exercise.

OK, so hopefully - keep your fingers crossed - I'll be able to update you on my progress as I go through this. ( Wrong attitude? Too soon? Eh!)

No comments: