Monday, July 31, 2006

Smiles of a Summer Night













There are so many reasons to smile on this humid mid-summer night in late July that I could make a TOP 5 list, but I shall refrain from the temptation.

Reason 1: Marshall got a raise today. I'm so very happy for him. He deserves it after all the extra work he's had to do since the storm whose name we shall not utter.

Reason 2: I would like to direct your attention to the two bookcases above. The one on the left is the before bookcase. Please take notice of the one on the right. I painted that one. I lightly accessorized it. I finally finished it. I'm exhausted!

I couldn't be on Trading Spaces While You Were Out Sell This House kinda shows. 48 hours worth of painting and sanding and painting some more. There's a reason my hands are soft is all I have to say! LOL

Reason 3: I recently rented two movies that are not necessarily "Hollywood" in style, but have high entertainment value...Junebug and 8 Women (Huit Femmes)

Junebug is a story of a southern family with plenty of feelings simmering just beneath the suface. It never makes southerners look uneducated. If you've ever been in a rural area that's not quite farmland, you'll see those images on the screen.

8 Women is a French movie simmering with intrigue and sensuality, and somewhat musical to boot! "Mon Amour, Mon Ami" is my favorite song in the soundtrack. Enjoy!

3 comments:

jason said...

Oh my goodness...you saw it!?
wasn't it delightful?

Nice work on the book case by the way. I'm in the middle of trying to paint a dresser for my mother right now, in this horrible heat.

Silly Monkey said...

Go on, Carlos, Top Five. Do it! I want to see two more reasons that you're happy. :D

The bookcase looks GREAT! Nice color.

Breezy said...

Jason, Thanks! I painted my bookcase and a bench last week out on my balcony during the morning hours, so I missed the heat for the most part. It was still hot though.

8 Femmes was absolutely delightful! I love the song, "Mon Amour,Mon Ami". I almost wanted to get up and dance with the two girls. LOL