Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Summer 2022

So here's summer again and yet again I am faced with making repairs to my house, or just hoping that it will all go away if I don't think about it. Guess what? I'm being forced to think about it and actually do something about it. I have to get working on my repairs because while my insurance company did compensate me for the damages, they decided to no longer write policies in this area. Guess whose insurance policy did not get renewed? Mine! My roof is damaged from Hurricane Ida last fall, my outside shed was destroyed, and my gutters are half way on. To make things even better, my water heater decided to fall apart and just die. Thankfully, all the water didn't flood my house because it's located under my carport. Whew! Today, my water heated is finally being replaced. I've been without hot water for almost a week now. Things post-raging-pandemic have been slowed down to a snail's pace, so most services just take longer to get completed. My task today is to cash my insurance check and get moving on all the other repairs on my house. I'm going to call a roofer who was recommended to me recently and see what kind of estimate he or she will give me. Fingers crossed that after that I will have money left over to complete repairs on the rest of my house. Wish me luck!

No comments: