Thursday, September 07, 2006



Let me begin by saying that the following is an email I sent to Bonnie Dominguez of recent Project Runway semi-fame.

Hi, Bonnie.

My name is Carlos Martinez and I am a resident of New
Orleans. I am a fan of yours from seeing your designs on Project
Runway. We no longer have a Macy's here, so I have not been able to see
Angela's winning outfit. Bare with me here, it's not about her. Anyway, so
I'm at a Macy's in AL this Labor Day weekend, and my sister and I stumble
upon the winning outfit. To my amazement, behind that particular mannequin
there were 4, count 'em, 4 mannequins sporting cowl neck tunics of various
colors. How dare Nina Garcia ask your team, "Who wears cowl necks?"
hehehe. I was rooting for you Bonnie, and I wish you all the
best.

Carlos Martinez, New Orleans, LA



Hi Carlos...hahaha. that is what i'm talkin about!ALSO chloe, chanel, marc
jacobs among almost every designer collection has cowl necks this season... as
well as the pages of elle magazine (i guess nina does not read her own
mag?) anyway thanks for noticing... I thought I was the only one!

bonnie d-



This email is what greeted me this afternoon when I opened up my Gmail account. I almost deleted it, but I was curious to see who this Bonnie person was sending me email on an account I check every other day.

Well, it turns out I’d forgotten about emailing Bonnie Dominguez, an ousted contestant from Project Runway, this past weekend over my outrage at Nina Garcia, a Project Runway judge saying,
“Who wears cowl necks?”
I Googled her and found her website. I figured, “What the hell?” I’ll email her and I’ll probably never hear from her again.

So, I was thoroughly surprised when I opened up my email today and saw that she’d written me back. I read through the email in total disbelief and then I ran around my living room trying to find my cell phone to call my sister, who watches the show as religiously as I do, to tell her all about my small brush with minor celebrity.

Words cannot explain my excitement over something that may seem so silly to others. Yay, me!!!

3 comments:

jason said...

Oh my goodness...how cool!!

I noticed once that I was linked to Daniel V by about 3 degrees on friendster...very exciting :)

and that Nina Garcia, tsk tsk tsk.

Silly Monkey said...

LOL. You guys are scaring me. ;)

That was really nice of her to email back though. Most "famous" people wouldn't bother.

Breezy said...

This will hold me over till the next season of Project Runway.

Neena Garrcia be damned! I still like her though.