Sunday, August 06, 2006

Dog Days of Summer

It's the Sunday before I start back at work, so please no:

"Aw, poor baby"

playing an imaginary violin with your thumb and index finger

OR

throwing me a surprise pity party.

I'm not feeling sorry for myself. This has officially been declared, by me, The Summer of Carlos. I had a very informal list of things to do and I've done practically most of them. Here's my very informal list that I am forcing myself to type from the recesses of my brain.

1. Go on vacation (check)
2. Fly via airplane to my destination because driving for hours is highly overrated after Katrina.(check)
3. Stay in a fancy hotel (check...The Hilton Resort near Magic Kingdom)
4. Go to The New Orleans Museum of Art (check)
5. Redo my bedroom. (check...almost)
6. Attend an outdoor summer activity (Future Check...going to Zephyrs Baseball game Friday - Thanks, Julie!)
7.Buy The Comeback DVD with Lisa Kudrow...(check...bought it the day it went on sale)

So, on this Sunday, like every other Sunday before work begins in the fall, I usually start feeling anxious and disgusted that I wasted another summer doing nothing. I don't feel that way today of all days. I can look back on these past weeks and know that I've been places and I've done things that I'd not done in a long time.

3 comments:

jason said...

"nothing?" "Wasting?" Pshaw
There are no such words in the summer.

Breezy said...

Sleeping and doing nothing productive till 3 in the afternoon *is* doing something. You're right!:-)

Silly Monkey said...

Wow, school already? It's scary how fast time is flying lately.

I'm impressed that you've done most everything on your list. It's a shame, though, that your fancy hotel had to have a view of the roof. :P You deserve better. You deserve...oh, I don't know...Lincoln Logs. ;o

Do you have a fall list, too? My neverending list doesn't have seasons.