Sunday, August 03, 2008

A Snippet of a Dark Knight

I was reading reviews about Christian Bale's Dark Knight and the voice that Vincent also found annoying, and this was my favorite review:

Reviewing the film for MSNBC, Alonso Duralde wrote that Bale's Batman in "Batman Begins" "sounded absurdly deep, like a 10-year-old putting on an `adult' voice to make prank phone calls. This time, Bale affects an eerie rasp, somewhat akin to Brenda Vaccaro doing a Miles Davis impression."

Bless Alonso for mentioning Brenda Vaccaro. Genius.

3 comments:

jason said...

Brenda Vaccaro, wasn't she Darth Vader?

nolageek said...

LOL. That really did make me "LOL".

Breezy said...

Jason: You know she was, but they had to say it was James Earl Jones so as not to confuse anyone.

nolageek: I'm glad I can bring you a little joy.