Wednesday, January 23, 2008

...and the winner is...

...me!

I won Teacher of the Year at my school. Get out!!

We were asked to nominate people a few weeks ago, and I didn't even bother to nominate anyone because the person I usually choose never makes it to the final ballot. Well, kiss my butt and call me HoolaHay (if you watch ANTM you'll know), my name ended up on the final ballot.

Cut to today when I hear one of my assistant principals start talking on the intercom. I hear her say she has a special announcement, and then I immediately stop listening to her and continue working with my students. It's sad because my students were eager to listen and I just kept going. So, all of the sudden, I hear my name followed by the words, Teacher of the Year, and I just about fell over.

Never in a million years would I have thought this could happen. It truly was just an honor to be nominated, but this is the best. I think this can hold me over till I retire.

4 comments:

jason said...

Oh My God!
Congratulations!!!!!
(but I'm not surprised:)

Silly Monkey said...

"It's sad because my students were eager to listen and I just kept going."

LOL! And they gave you Teacher of the Year? ;o

Really, though, Carlos, congratulations. I'm proud of you. :)

Do you get a special parking spot now?

Breezy said...

Thank you both. What's really funny about what you said, Silly Monkey, is that one of my students asked me if I was getting a new car with the title. Isn't it funny how kids think? The thought never crossed my mind.

Marshall said...

I'm so proud of you, B. Whenever you're ready for me to take you out for your Congratulations Dinner, let me know.